7.21.2009

Jay-Z Covers Billboard Magazine

Jay-Z covers Billboard's July/August issue. With his September 11th release of The Blueprint 3, we are all excited for this newly independent artist. Because we, here at BRICKS, pride ourselves on being the soucre for your information and inspiration, we thought we end this post with a food for thought from the interview.


"I still owed an album to Def Jam, but I wanted to have it back for a number of reasons, the most important being that it wasn't consistent with the type of business I planned for me or where I was positioning myself. Everything in my life I had taken charge of, but yet I was still an artist signed to a label. It seemed a little archaic in my plans," he says. "I've always prided myself on being a principled person. It was more so the principle than the amount of money. It was about owning my own masters and owning my own companies, but you have to pay for the privilege, and that comes at a premium."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails